Music Production School Summer Camp
If you’re looking for an interesting, fun and productive way to spend some of your summer holiday, why not join us for a month at our music production Summer Camp? Immerse yourself into learning how to make the music you love using the latest technology, just like others have done so before. Originally written for younger learners, it has been popular with all ages.
In class sizes of no more than six, you will learn sampling, programming drums, recording & editing vocals, production tips & tricks, mixing & mastering and much more. Our Summer Camp was put together for our younger learners, but all ages are welcome. You’ll be mentored by experienced certified trainers, pro producers and guest music industry specialists who will give you feedback on your masterpieces. Through these techniques you will gain the skills to craft your own tracks from start to finish and learn how to get them out there.
The camp with Logic Pro X as the foundation DAW will take place for 4 hours every weekday from 10.15 to 14.15. Logic Pro X is one of the most popular music production software packages for composers, recording artists, and producers. The camp with Ableton Live 9 (40% off for GMP students worldwide) as the foundation DAW, will take place for 4 hours every day from 14.30 to 18.30. This software package is a firm favourite of DJs, top-line songwriters and producers who like to create ‘on the fly’. Get in touch if you need advice on which DAW to choose.
If you’re ready to get serious with your music production, then our summer camp is for you. Please be aware that places on this camp sold out last year, so booking early is advised to avoid disappointment. Our superior roster of tutors are all professional music producers, and will be on hand to offer their expertise to teach you a wide range of techniques:-
- Competently use your music production software (DAW) of choice
- Master sound design and synthesis to recreate the sounds you hear in your head
- Learn the science of recording, so that your vocals and recorded instruments sound professional
- The art of mixing to make your tracks sound full, punchy and thumping
- Learn insider tips on mastering to create loud, but still dynamic sounding tracks
- Lectures with industry specialists
- Learn about the history of the music business and how things have changed
- Learn how to get your music noticed and how to market yourself
Monday – Friday | July 17 – August 11 | 10.00 – 14.00 (Logic-based) or
Monday – Friday | July 17 – August | 15.00 – 19.00 (Ableton-based)